Website visitors typically look at a site for 5 – 10 seconds. In that brief window of time the value of the site is determined. Captivate your audience with vibrant content and designs the second they enter your site.
Content is Important for Business
Website content tells customers why your business is the only business right for them. The content on your site should:
- Offer something of value to the reader
- Be clear and concise
- Relevant to your business
Give visitors a reason to navigate through the rest of the site. Great content will keep them interested in the company and what you have to offer.
Content is Important for Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Content helps search engines determine how relevant your website is. The more up-to-date and clear your content the higher your website will be ranked on search result pages. There are several ways to use content for search engine optimization including:
- Updating it often (weekly if possible). This way your site always offers something new to visitors and search engines indexing it.
- Making it easy to read. Keep the number of words to a sentence and the number of sentences to a paragraph to a minimum.
To measure the readability of a website use the Flesch Kincaid test which can be found under any major search engine.
Content is Important for Websites
Keep the content easy to scan and to the point so that readers can quickly locate the information they need. It is important for your customers to read website content that indicates clearly what your business is about. Clear content direction includes:
- Developing keywords that relate to your services. These should be words that customers most commonly use when referring to your business.
Search engines will sort through your site for the most commonly used words. These words will determine how they index your site in their database. Search engine optimization looks at using relevant keywords used often.